Summer fun bicycle maintenance course
Machine offers a useful bicycle maintenance class that will be tailored to the ages of the enrolled students. Each bike brought to class gets a tune-up. And we will be offering discounted purchases for anything the students need for there bicycle (see list below). This course will be a 4 hour class (time/date TBD) and offer the following:
• Intro to shop safety
- knowing how to work with respect to the tools, space and other individuals is emphasized.
• The Bicycle: 101
- identify and name all the parts of the bicycle
- understand the functions of each piece and a little insight to how those parts are made.
- establishing a hierarchy of functions with the bicycle (knowing what is important for both the operation and safety of your bicycle).
- and we get a little greasy too.
- Learn how to keep you bike in tip-top shape (will actually save you $)
Common needed parts:
- Service Parts (chains, cogs, cassettes, etc.)
Taught by Kyle Ward
- 10 plus years in the bicycle industry.
- Professional traveling Mechanic experience.
- Studied metallurgy (welding / machining).
- Studied architecture.
- Raced as a professional road bike racer.
- Loves bikes and sharing what he knows about them.